Assistant City Attorney
General Counsel SectionDeputy Section Head, Government Services
Barbara McAninch joined the Dallas City Attorney's office in 2010, with extensive corporate experience in providing direction and management of corporate legal activities and providing companies with competent, creative strategic legal counsel to anticipate/avoid problems and to ensure the legality of business plans, policies, and procedures. She also has litigation experience with the Department of Justice.
- George Washington University National Law Center, J.D.
- University of Houston, M.A., Political Science
- Wayland Baptist University Magna Cum Laude, Political Science and History, B.A.
Affiliations & Activities
- Admitted to State Bar of Texas and Tennessee
- Member, Dallas Bar Association, Government Law Section Council 2013-present
- Member Texas Bar Association
- Board of Directors (2010 - present, 1995-2005) The Country Place, Inc., Treasurer (2011-2013) Secretary (1995-2003, 2013-Present),President (2003-2005); Chairman, Deed Restrictions Committee (2007-2009)
- Senior Vice President Law and Human Resources, Chief Legal Officer and Secretary, 1997-2009, Snelling Staffing Services
- Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, 1994-1997, Pearle Vision, Inc.
- Vice President and Assistant General Counsel, 1993-1994, Managing Attorney, 1992-1993, Pearle Vision, Inc.
- Associate General Counsel, Embassy Suites, Inc.
- Senior Attorney, Litigation, Holiday Inns, Inc.
- Associate, Burch, Porter and Johnson, Memphis, TN
- Senior Trial Attorney, General Litigation Section, Antitrust Division; Special Assistant US Attorney Alexandria VA; Special Assistant to Director of Operations; and Trial Attorney, Department of Justice, Washington, DC