Assistant City Attorney
Lead Prosecutor / Family Violence
Municipal Prosecution Section
Kanesia Williams is an Assistant City Attorney with the Municipal Prosecution Section of the Dallas City Attorney’s Office. Kanesia represents the State of Texas and the City of Dallas in the prosecution of Class C misdemeanors and violations of municipal ordinances in the municipal court. Prosecutors are responsible for criminal and civil litigation, including civil appeals to the municipal court. The Dallas Municipal Court is a court of record, and jury trials are held before a six person jury.
Before joining the City Attorney's Office, Kanesia had a successful general litigation practice and served as a pro bono attorney at Legal Aid.
- Southern Methodist University, Juris Doctorate, 2011
- University of New Orleans, Master of Science, 2005
- Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- Louisiana Tech University, Bachelor of Science, 2001
Affiliations & Activities
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas, 2011
- Texas Bar College
- Dallas Bar Association