Assistant City Attorney
Code Compliance Section
Justin joined the Dallas City Attorney's Office in 2012. His practice focuses on civil litigation on behalf of the City against property owners who are not maintaining their properties in compliance with minimum housing standards, with Fair Housing laws, or with zoning ordinances. Mr. Roy also represents the Dallas Police Department in its handling of dance halls and crime reduction programs.
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, TX, J.D. 1999
- Staff Writer, The Scholar: St. Mary's Law Review on Minority Issues, 1998-1999
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A. in Psychology, 1996
Affiliations & Activities
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 1999
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Member, Dallas Bar Association, 1999-Present
- Prior to Joining the City Attorney's Office, Mr. Roy worked as an associate attorney representing clients in litigation matters, including insurance defense, product liability, construction defect, and commercial litigation. He has also practiced family law and probate law.